Brittany's Reviews > Illuminated

Illuminated by Erica Orloff

Mar 28, 2012

did not like it
Read on March 28, 2012

One word...boring!!! I was expecting this book to be a good forbidden love story set in modern times. It lacked romance! That was what this story seemed like it was going to be surrounded by. It was mainly a mystery. The cover and summary portrayed romance in my eyes yet the story hardly had any. Sure Callie and August kissed and hugged a lot, but it felt like they should have had more between them. Now I'm not saying have sex I mean do more romantic things together. I actually give props to this book I assumed they were gonna have sex, but they never did. I liked the main character Callie 'cause she's very smart in every decision she makes and she knew she wasn't ready for sex. Callie and August are trying to prove all along that they are not like their parents the one thing they fear becoming since both their parents' romances died out and faded away. They don't want to suffer the same fate. So either their love will last or won't. But I just didn't really like this book I kept reading it expecting something incredible to happen, but it was predictable so I wasn't surprised nor was I too pleased with this read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illuminated.