* Kazzy * -aka Stryker-'s Reviews > Moon Child

Moon Child by J.R. Rain

Jul 26, 2011

bookshelves: my-favourite-must-reads, my-kindle-books
Read from July 23 to 25, 2011

Another great episode in the Samantha Moon series! Every book I have read has left me feeling so much empathy for Sam, mothers and women everywhere I'm sure can relate to this character. As with the previous books in the series, this one is well written and full of excitement, action and intrigue, to the point I didn't want to put it down.

Even though there is the fantasy/paranormal element to the storyline, it is written in a way that I personally find very believable. I read a lot, and have to say there are few authors who can write in a way that captivate their readers to the point of believing, becoming part of the 'created world' so that you are lost in it, and can relate to the characters, it is a skill I feel JR Rain has mastered with this series! In addition, I have been impressed at how this male author has been able to portray the feelings, anxieties and expressions of Sam in a way that is sensitive, but also has not left her as a 'victim' of what she has experienced, and he truly seems to have embraced the female psyche and understood it amazingly accurately (in my view). I usually like to read paranormal romance that is heavy on the sex scenes, however I was not too disappointed that there were none in this book, as it makes up for it in other areas. I really would love to see a bit more sexual tension and romance between Sam and her werewolf friend, Kingsley, and/or Fang her 'cyber friend' though in upcoming instalments please! It is about time this was explored more now we are four books into the series! Lol

This is definitely one of the best series I have read, and I would read them all again! I may try some of the other works by JR Rain to see if he is a consistent author or whether this was just a good series! Can't wait for the next Sam Moon story, please write faster lol!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Child.

07/23/2011