Melissa Lee-tammeus's Reviews > Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting

Naturally Thin by Bethenny Frankel

Sep 07, 11

bookshelves: borrowed

I am reading through diet/cookbooks to help me get inspired as I try to change my eating habits and I have to say this book was fun to read and quite funny to think of putting into practice. This is exactly what you think it would be if you watch Real Housewives. So, Bethenny's advice, or what I took from this book? Well, it's okay to drink and eat ice cream and lick off frosting on HER cupcakes from HER brand, as long as you don't really eat anything else. Well, unless it's on someone else's plate, in a deli case, or so tiny it barely registers as a food item. If I just ate what she threw away on a daily basis, I would never have to buy groceries again. I can totally get why she is "skinny" from her lists of what she eats in a week - for example: two bites of a Charleston Chew and a small handful of pretzels for lunch or a bite of a mozarella stick and half a corner of a panini - from a friend. If she was my friend, I would get totally sick of her mooching off my plate all the time, which she recommends time and again. On the upside, her ten rules are good and they do make a lot of sense, but honestly, this is nothing new. She did inspire me to start balancing my daily intake better and to scale down my portions, but for people who really need or want to lose more than a "few pounds" they may be hard pressed to find her "tiny bites" and miniature bowls of soup the best way to do so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naturally Thin.