Wendy's Reviews > The Villa

The Villa by Nora Roberts

Jul 23, 11

As a wine-lover with a sister who lives in northern California, I was naturally attracted to the Napa Valley setting of THE VILLA, my first from Nora Roberts. The merger between two winemaking families, Giambelli and MacMillan, seemed a smart and inevitable business move. How the players plan to work together and embrace this change is another issue. Sophia Giambelli and Tyler MacMillan have known each other since they were kids, their family's vineyards as the other's backyard. The formation of Giambelli-MacMillan Wines throws them both into each other's hair, work and hearts.

THE VILLA has triple-romance, conspiracy, lies and deception, murder, and, well ... wine! Everything a great story needs. Add a few twists and surprises ... never a dull moment. What one reader may see as a "slow-part," I saw as a wonderful flow of descriptive background and detail. The characters didn't need to be constantly involved for this marvelous story to captivate me. Roberts' writing style is superb. I could "see" the vineyards of Napa Valley and the streets of Venice. Three generations of well-developed characters interact beautifully throughout the story. Their actions and dialog made them unique and very real.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Villa.