Jon's Reviews > Who Stole Feminism?: How Women Have Betrayed Women

Who Stole Feminism? by Christina Hoff Sommers

M 50x66
Jul 23, 11

This book debunks myth after myth: that women earn 59 cents for every dollar men earn, that rape is a major problem on college campuses, that domestic abuse increases on Super Bowl Sunday, and plenty more. Christina Hoff Sommers makes the essential point that, while the founders of American feminism rightly regarded themselves as privileged, and obliged to help those less fortunate, today's feminist extremists wrongly view themselves as victims. In reality, it's the feminist movement itself that is the victim of their nonsense, as Sommers definitively proves. Unfortunately, the book is weakened somewhat by a lengthy digression about what Rhett Butler was really up to when he took Scarlett upstairs (I saw the movie, I read the book, and I still don't give a damn). But never mind that, anyone interested in American feminism and other progressive movements, and in how their initial promise has been betrayed, must read this.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Stole Feminism?.