Theresa's Reviews > A Dance with Dragons

A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Jan 24, 2015

Read from July 23 to August 12, 2011

A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
By George R R Martin
I can understand why this book took so long to write, and like the author I can say i have finally finished the book.
I love knowing what happened to the characters, to find out that Jamie disappeared leaving his sister to face her accusers, and a trial by battle for her treason with out a her "true" champion.
Seeing that Ayra lived and survived in her world is something i have been waiting for.
I worry about John Snow, and how dynamic and graphic the last scene he was in.... now i hope i don't have to wait five years for the next book.
finding out what happens at the wall, made the story more dynamic and dramatic. I love the knights watch and all they have to do to face the north the wildlings and the cold ones.
Finding that Daenaries lived through the siege of Merrien, and how she was able to ride her dragon is so climatic that i can't wait to see how she is able to regain her armies.
It was an interesting twist that the infant that was dead in all the other stories had survived, now i understand the subtle hints within the dynamics of the red keep.
This is a great story, continuing and leaving the reader always wanting more, questioning about characters not spoken of in this book, and wanting to see what the next part of the story is.....
Can't wait for the next story.... Great Job GRRM.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dance with Dragons.