Judy Gangloff's Reviews > Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love

F 50x66
Jul 27, 11

liked it
Read from July 23 to 27, 2011

This is the story of Liz and Matt Logelin - how they met, fell in love, married, bought a house, and started a family. It started happy but turned to tragedy when Liz had a difficult pregnancy and then suddenly passed away 27 hours after their baby was born leaving a very immature Matt to raise Maddy. The book covers Maddy's first year. It was interesting following Matt and Maddy as Matt worked through all the grief, sorrow, and insecurities caring for a newborn. I felt a great deal of sympathy for them both although Matt was more fortunate than most who are faced with a similar situation. For example, his company allowed him time off with full salary for as long as he wanted, in his case seven months. I was happy for him but that's not an option most people would have.

My biggest complaint was the language he use in excess throughout the book. The f-word was used in almost every paragraph. I have no objection to using strong language when appropriate and to make a point but the constant use of it , it loses its impact.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Kisses for Maddy.