nicole's Reviews > The Unseen Guest

The Unseen Guest by Maryrose Wood

Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: 7up
Read in April, 2012 — I own a copy

Such a fun and clever series and I adore Penelope Lumley as much as ever, though book three is definitely, as another reviewer said, maddening, with more questions popping up than there are answers.

I really appreciated the growth we saw in Ms. Lumley. Her crush is adorable, and it was interesting (and entertaining) to see her getting a bit miffed over her beloved Rainbow books as she starts to realize that life isn't and will never be as simple or happily summed up as in her favorite books.

It was also nice to see the Incorrigibles back in the wilderness and to get a glimpse at what appears to be an even stranger upbringing than originally thought. Wolves bringing them sandwiches? A wha? Interested to see who was both trying to keep this kids hidden, but taken care of as well. I suspect Old Timothy knows wassup.

I wouldn't mind if all the books in this series kept getting longer and more elaborate, Harry Potter-style. Funny, smart, wonderfully illustrated (if only there were more illustrations!), with plenty of talk of cannibals to boot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unseen Guest.

04/14/2012 page 258
76.0% "wouldn't mind if all the books in the series kept getting longer and more elaborate, Harry Potter style. Funny, smart, wonderfully illustrated (if only there were more illustrations!), with plenty of talk of cannibals to boot."