Ruth's Reviews > Losing My Virginity: How I've Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way

Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson

Jul 23, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction

c2002. I picked this up at a fete as I had seen it on sale in bargain baskets, charity shops etc etc. It seems that this was one of those books that people seem to buy for other people as a present (albeit clearly unwanted). I knew some things about the birth of Virgin and some of the problems with the business but it was interesting to get some more of the detail. I am not sure whether it was because I am somewhat cynical about Branson and the growth of Virgin but around the half way mark I started to get a bit tired of it all. The continual whining about British Airways - although undoubtedly "not on" - was repeated ad nauseum. However, yes -it is funny; yes - it is racy and pacy and yes - its probably as honest as Branson could or would allow it to be. I don't think that it could be called a manual of becoming wealthy but it is good to see that someone who cocked a snoot at the establishment did so successfully. Recommended if you like or are interested in business.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing My Virginity.