Elizabeth Noah Astle's Reviews > Mount Vernon Love Story: A Novel of George and Martha Washington

Mount Vernon Love Story by Mary Higgins Clark

Jul 23, 11

Read in July, 2011

I have read a lot of MHC books. This one is nothing like the others. This one is based on the life of George Washington. No murder or mystery here, just a book about the history of his life--or just small portions of it.

This story describes the private life of George and Martha (or Patsy as he called her). Overall it was a decent read that touched on parts of their lives, when they first met, moving to Mount Vernon, the death of little Pasty and so on. It was a nice read to see how he cared about Jacky and little Patsy, and how he interacted with Patsy. At times though it was a bit hard to figure out who a character was and how they fit into the whole story.

I only gave it a 3-star as like as I would have liked to have read some about when he was in office. Also the flipping back between his younger years and being at the inaguartion of John Adams for president was a bit bothersome but, still bearable. I am not a person big into reading history books but went ahead with reading this as I am a big fan of MHC suspense books. Thank you MHC for staying with the suspense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mount Vernon Love Story.