Tishia (Paperback Opinion)'s Reviews > Vampire Bites

Vampire Bites by Katie Salidas

Jul 26, 11

Read from July 23 to 25, 2011

Vampire Bites is a novella consisting of 3 short, hot vampire stories.

House of Immortal Pleasures was my favorite of the three. Not only was this story steamy, it was sweet too. Daphne is a woman who has been cheated on, and it has completely broken her. After months of being alone, Daphne's friends decide she needs to get out of the house, have some fun, and be with a man. She's not happy at all when her friends take her to a vampire brothel – she's not that kind of girl. Turns out that Connor isn't in his profession of choice. He doesn't like what he does, but he is forced into it. Daphne is the first woman that Connor really feels attracted to since he was turned into a vampire and forced into this job. He was really sweet with Daphne, and it was more than just sex. I felt like I could relate to Daphne, I really liked her character.

The second story was called Karma & Melodies. Kendra has been a vampire for 10 years now. Before she was turned, she had her sight set on Marcus – a musician who sang at the coffee house she hung out at. In this story, they are reunited but it's a life and death situation. Kendra must save Marcus' life, but because of that he isn't himself. I almost felt like he wasn't in charge of himself throughout this whole story, so I didn't feel like any of the feeling were real. It's hard to explain without giving things away, but because of this I didn't really connect with this story as much. Also, there surprisingly wasn't any sex in this story.

Last but not least, is Halloween Fantasies. This was a fun, quick read. Sasha attends the annual Halloween Fantasy Ball dressed as a vampire huntress. Ironically, the man she runs into at the party is a vampire – a real vampire. This is an erotic story – not really any romance involved. Actually, it was a bit on the kinky side. Sasha is pretty outgoing, and is up for pretty much anything.

These 3 stories all had a vampire connection, but they were all really different from each other. I'd recommend this to adult paranormal lovers, who don't shy away from vivid sex scenes.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Bites.