Lou's Reviews > The Reservoir

The Reservoir by John Milliken Thompson

Aug 02, 11

bookshelves: july-read, mystery-thriller
Read from July 22 to 26, 2011

There is is a noose waiting, waiting to tighten on a neck. That neck better be the killer of one stirred heart of a girl an expectant mother.
Stirred hearts, love and friendship. Many hearts wavered by one rather beautiful empty Heart, a web of family intrigue.
Justice is the key, the good should rise above the evil ideally as the common rule.
This story is one to be talked about for many years to come one I hold it highly up there with the greats of Human struggle, greats like 'To Kill a Mockingbird.' I think you feel the essence of what kind of story we are dealing with here soak it up and savor this delightful poignant true story presented in an exemplary fashion of storytelling of the joys and the losses in life. The bliss of youth and friendship and the grimness and loneliness of the loss of love and life.

Excerpts

"The contrast between the two girls seemed to give him a window into the nature of his soul; he thought he must be in love with Lillie, but it disturbed him that the way he felt about her was passionate and physical, almost violent in its ability to take over his entire body and mind. It would be so much more pleasant if he were in love with Nola."

" You couldn’t just Walk into a saloon on Main Street in the middle of the day, and into house of bad repute at night. People had morals then. Now it’s

just sin everywhere you go. People smoking, spitting, gambling, cussing. Nossir, in my day, people didn’t act thataway. They behaved theirselves, and people got along just fine, even if they didn’t like each other.”

"Reservoir’s the end of the line. I been twenty years driving this route, ever since the war ended, and Reservoir’s always been the end of the line.”

"is beauty all around. When you're out there trying to make your mark on the world, don't ever forget how beautiful it already is."

Visit my web blog for Video of author taking you behind the true story.

Once you finish the story visit the authors website here http://johnmillikenthompson.com/resources/spoilers1 for some images of real letters sent.
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reservoir.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Lou, this looks REALLY good! Where did you get this ARC? :)

message 1: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou It's available in stores Netgalley.com A brilliant program for reviewers.