Jan's Reviews > Fugitives and Refugees: A Walk in Portland, Oregon

Fugitives and Refugees by Chuck Palahniuk

Oct 14, 11

"This isn't per say a regular novel by Chuck Palahniuk for it is not a fictionous novel or a novel based off events of his life. I got this novel because it was done by the author of my choice but really its an insider's guide to Portland, Oregon - the hometown of Chuck Palahniuk himself.

In this book, Chuck talks about all the great sites you can see and events you can attend in Portland during different times of the year. If you look at the cover, you'll see pictures of the Santa Claus March where numerous people dress up as Santa Claus and march through the streets. This book in general is chock full of information about a place if I were to move there I would know about and feel a lot like home thanks to Chuck himself.

The place I wanted to see the most is the self-cleaning house which is a house in which its innards are all made in stainless steel and intricately placed sprinklers are all over the place. During certain times of the day, the sprinklers activate and clean everything off the stainless steel thus keeping the house clean. All in all, not a book to be reading for entertainment purposes but more for knowledge purposes on what is entertaining in a city. I suggest checking the book out first before even buying because it isn't a fiction. It is instead a guide to an interesting city where all of the United States's fugitives and refugees reside. I understand because all the psychopaths, sociopaths, and maniacs reside in Florida... My homestate! :D"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fugitives and Refugees.