Layla Smith's Reviews > Dates From Hell

Dates From Hell by Kim Harrison

Jul 23, 11

bookshelves: otherworld, the-hallows

"The Kim Harrison story was really bad. I don't if it because I haven't read any of her books, but I felt really confused by her world. It took me a minute to even kind of understand what her character was. I was not impressed by that character at all. She seemed very whiny, and my life is woe without really trying to change anything about it. I was very disappointed, especially after reading her short story in Prom Nights from Hell, because that one was very entertaining.

Lynsay Sands' story was great. I fdound the characters funny and likable. The situration she put them into was great. After this story I might try some of her other books.

Kelley Armstrong's story was the reason I got the book in the first place. I am a big fan of her Otherwold series, and this story did not disappoint. I really enjoyed the banter between Hope and Karl.

Lori Handeland's story was entertaing. The characters were interesting enough and engaging enough, but I has not inspired me to want to read more from her."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dates From Hell.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Raven To understand Ivy's perspective and where she's coming from it does help immensely to read Kim Harrison's other stories, it gives a whole lot more back ground.

message 2: by Layla (new) - added it

Layla Smith Since I wrote this review, I have read several Hollows books, and enjoyed them. The story without reading the series is not good, but now that I have read the series the story makes way more sense.