Tiffany's Reviews > Distant Shores

2053681
Jul 25, 11

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from July 22 to 25, 2011

This was my first Hannah book and I did really enjoy it. I was extremely moved by Birdie, the housewife who gave up her dreams to be a good wife and mother...even when the husband didn't deserve her support. Birdie's character has always been my greatest fear and I have worked hard to always make independent choices for myself outside of my marriage and 10 year relationship. I loved the way Birdie was able to begin to put her needs first, even in small steps and to find the courage to believe in herself as a person with dreams. I live in Oregon and the coast is probably one of my favorite places on earth, so that may have added to my love of the story. I was disappointed that her husband got away with infidelity and still got his wife in the end...but at the same time, you never know how you are going to react if it happens to you. Every relationship is different. Deep down I think these characters really did love each other...though Jack will never be a favorite character of mine. I like to think that they did get their marriage on track and that Birdie did achieve her artistic dreams. She deserved it. I look forward to reading more books by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Distant Shores.