Hollie's Reviews > The Kinshield Legacy

The Kinshield Legacy by K.C. May

Nov 09, 2011

Read from November 07 to 09, 2011

This is probably a 4.5 for me, but I'm rounding up just cause I feel good about it right now. This is my "deep breath before the plunge" into the second book. This is great fantasy. The world building isn't the strongest I've read, but with the great, full characters and a smooth and well paced classic fantasy style plot, I didn't miss it at all. I realized while reading this book that I don't usually prefer stories that let you see what the antagonist is plotting, as it makes me feel apprehensive on behalf of the protagonist. This isn't one of those gloomy books where everything that could possibly go wrong for the hero piles on them over and over though. In this case the heroes are actually just as clever as the villain for a change, giving the story a well balanced feel. The good guys are all likable without being annoyingly wholesome, and the bad guys also have some humanizing characteristics. While this is not the sort of story that will really stand out in my mind in the future, it is definitely one I'll be able to enjoy re-reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kinshield Legacy.