Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Moonlight Becomes You

Moonlight Becomes You by Piper Vaughn

This was a great story. I really enjoyed it. I meant to write this as soon as I finished reading it but I was kind of lazy (sorry!).

I loved all these characters, both primary and secondary. Some were blunt, arrogant and loud while others were charming, calm and laid back. Shane is one of the main characters in this book but we experience him when he feels self-conscious and kind of depressed. We only get his POV so we learn all about him, his past mistakes and his regrets. One of the things he regrets is essentially agreeing to kick his first love, Jesse, out of their band when it was starting to take off. Granted he really didn't have a choice in the matter, and he was only the messenger, but he still chose the band over Jesse without fighting it. Ever since then, Shane has relied on drugs, alcohol and sex to try and cover up the misery he feels over his mistake. Now, over a decade after the incident with Jesse, Shane finally decides to quit with the booze, drugs and anonymous sex. That's when he meets Kayden from the band Moonlight. Kayden is charming, sweet, and funny to everyone but Shane and his brother, Nicky. To them, Kayden is a whole different person. He's cold, rude and sneers at them constantly. Shane can't understand it but he's hurt because Kayden is the first person Shane has been able to think about non-stop since Jesse.

Like I said, I loved the characters. I liked Shane the most even with what he did to Jesse. Kayden was kind of an ass for most of the book but he had his reasons and after learning of them, I started to like him more. (view spoiler) The plot is an interesting one. It held my attention throughout the whole story and the detailed description of how the songs felt to Shane was very enthralling. I loved reading about that since most of the time when reading a rockstar book, authors tend to leave out the music part of the story so I always feel a little cheated. That's one of the things I loved about this book. I could feel and imagine what the songs were like, the way the characters moved onstage, the adrenaline they felt during their performance. It was awesome.

My only problem with the story was Shane's feeling towards Jesse compared to Kayden. Shane said he loved Jesse a lot but then Kayden came around and Shane's feelings for Jesse went kind of MIA. Just didn't feel right to me. (view spoiler)

All in all, I really liked this story. It was interesting and held my attention. I loved the characters and the descriptive music. It's definitely something I'll recommend anyone looking for a good rockstar book. I can't wait for the sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonlight Becomes You.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harper (new) - added it

Harper Thanks for the review, Nikyta.

I was going to comment about (view spoiler), but my answer started getting all rambly and convoluted, and then I just decided to scrap it. LOL.

Glad you liked the story!

message 2: by M.J. (new) - added it

M.J. O'Shea Thanks Nikyta:) I second hers. We thought about that, but then decided that he...crap. I don't know how to mark spoilers. damn.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* ROFLMAO. Well, I'm all for rambly explanations! :D

Thanks for the great read :)