Kirsty's Reviews > The Book of Lost Things

The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

Jul 29, 2008

Recommended to Kirsty by: Lori Hettler
Read in July, 2008

This book was fun. I liked the author's take on the fairytales I read as a child. They become very dark, and in some places very funny. I especially liked the tale of Snow White.

The characterisation was ok, for me there was something missing from the main character - I just can't quite figure out what. That said, I liked the character of The Crooked Man, even if he did creep me out a little.

There was a little more gore than I was expecting, and I'm not sure all of it was necessary. I did like the way the 'fight scenes' were portrayed though, it painted a very clear image in the mind.

Despite the few bits that I wasn't so keen on, I found this to be an enjoyable read. I don't think it was a particularly easy read - I found that there was a lot of information to take in and so I needed to concentrate more than with other books - however it did keep me interested, and I'd like to read other books by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Lost Things.

message 1: by Boof (new) - rated it 1 star

Boof Good review Kirsty. Would you recommend this then? (I've seen alot about it on TNBBC).

Kirsty Definitely, it was a fun read, just required more concentration than I'm accustomed to!