Cherryonion's Reviews > Claimed By Shadow

Claimed By Shadow by Karen Chance

Aug 06, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from July 22 to August 06, 2011

I liked this one more than the last one, maybe because she doesn't spend the whole book introducing the characters and describing all the politics etc. This one is much more about Cassie and the characters we've already met so there's a lot more plot to explore rather than pretense. The story takes place right after the last one with Cassie on the run from the Senate and the Circle and just about everyone else. She's still trying to find Tony and wants to stop Myra from killing her, but once again, she ends up running from disaster to disaster. She can't seem to stay out of trouble for more than a few minutes at a time! To make matters worse, she finds out she's got a spell on her called the geis, which makes her lust-crazy for the vampire Mircea and stops her from being intimate with anyone except him. This spell wars with the power she inherited from the Pythia, which wants to get her laid so she can become full Pythia instead of just a candidate. It leads to some embarassing and painful moments and gets added to the list of things she needs to sort out. Not to mention she's fighting the position of Pythia, despite everything going against her. There's a lot of action and some interesting ideas, especially when Billy (her ghostly guardian) comes back to life for a while. There's an embarassing moment with Pritkin, which was good fun too. I enjoyed it and although it's not as gripping as some stories I've read and the story is mainly driven by incessant questions asked by Cassie, it's worth a shot and I'm interested to see what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claimed By Shadow.

07/30/2011 page 156