Kara's Reviews > The Alloy of Law

The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: active-magic, action-adventure, audible-has-it, audiobook, excellent-narrators, fantasy, fantasy-aficionado-challange, group-read, i-own-it, urban-fantasy
Recommended to Kara by: Fantasy Aficionados Feb 2012 Groupread
Read from February 03 to 16, 2012 — I own a copy

The review below is taken right out of the Fantasy Aficionados Feb. 2012 Groupread thread on this book. I realized my thoughts in the thread at the end of reading the book, made as good a review as anything. So here's my lazy cut and paste review.

Solid 4 stars imo. Good action, fun characters, interesting enough story, with PLENTY left to discover come books (2, 3, 4,...? who knows?).

So having read the entire Mistborn tilogy (don't read the spoiler if you haven't), I have to admit I loved Sanderson for (view spoiler)

But I have questions concerning the end! I have a feeling we are not supposed to know the answers to them all but here they are anyway:
(view spoiler)

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed. This seemed like a pretty different writing style for Sanderson, and compared to the other novels I've read I felt like it was a bit fluff - not too complex, abbreviated length, with no major unforeseen twists (there were some) or awe inspiring feats.

BUT, at the same time, I enjoyed the lighter quality and fun character interplay of this book. It was a GREAT audio listen and I will definitely grab the next in the series as well.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alloy of Law.

02/12/2012
02/13/2012
88.0% "Nick just blew up some dynamite in his hand - just to get out of a net."