Rebecca's Reviews > Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance

Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama

Jul 22, 11

Read in December, 2009

'Tis the season, you know? Anyway, my mother read this book a while back and liked it and since it's sort of so "in" right now, what the hell, I'll take it out of the library. It actually was quite a good read except for the fact that it was pretty long (400 pages) and sooooooo long winded! I would like my sister to read it, but it's too long for her. Do they even have a cliffs notes version? If they do, pick it up. If they don't and you hate long books that are long winded, don't bother. It's not worth it. Anyway, two things I liked about this book is that it was written back in 1995, so like before anything and everything happened. The book doesn't even get as far as Barack meeting his wife. Second, what up Oxy! And no mention of Columbia by name (suck it NY!). As for the facts, it was a very interesting read, to actually get a good background on the prez. And super yay for Hawaii-ness! The Africa parts were interesting as well, but there were like so many people named, I couldn't keep anyone straight except for the ones he's met more then once. Otherwise, who knows who was related to who. Hell, even they don't really know. Anyway, a good read, if you are into junk like this.

Grade: C

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams from My Father.