Ronald Wise's Reviews > Boom! Voices of the Sixties Personal Reflections on the '60s and Today

Boom! Voices of the Sixties Personal Reflections on the '60s ... by Tom Brokaw

Jul 30, 11

Read from June 07 to 19, 2008, read count: 1

A very enjoyable book which brought back and solidified vague recollections from my teenage and early adult years. Brokaw describes his purpose as creating a virtual reunion of people from the "60s", which he dates from the assassination of President Kennedy to the resignation of President Nixon, with the critical moments occurring in 1968. While many of the people I met for the first time in this book, many were people whom I had not heard of in years, and others who are in the news today of which I was previously unfamiliar with their activities in the 60s. And the most poignant instance of the last case was that one morning I read of Tim Russert's trip to Woodstock, and then heard later that day that he had died suddenly of a heart attack. I learned of this book from Brokaw's appearance on KUOW's Weekday (12/10/2007) and its eleven-week appearance on the New York Times best seller list.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boom! Voices of the Sixties Personal Reflections on the '60s and Today.