Rebecca's Reviews > How to Sleep with a Movie Star

Jul 22, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: chicklit
Read in August, 2009

After a long book filled with lots of details I didn't care about, I needed something light and fluffy that I could read in a day. And no better author to me at the moment then Harmel! This book was perfect for that. Not as good as her last book to me, mainly because the protag keeps going back to her super looser boyfriend. Agh, I hate people like that. Seriously, how desperate are you for love and companionship? Give him the keys to the street already and shut the fuck up! Anyway, Girl is a writer for some magazine and boo hoo, she's the entertainment reporter when all she really wants to do is hard journalism (tell me something new) and she interviews the hottest movie star of the moment and he likes her! Cry me a fucking river. Through some unfortunate events, a co-worker who hates her, thinks that they are sleeping together and starts rumors, when they are not. The Girl quites the magazine because of how the article she wrote on said movie star was changed by the co-worker who hates her. Of course, everything works out in the end. I forget what job the Girl ends up getting in the end, but of course, she is with said movie star. A quick easy read.

Grade: C+

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Sleep with a Movie Star.