Leighanne's Reviews > Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love

1932277
Jul 22, 11

bookshelves: 2011-books
Read in July, 2011

First off, I don't recommend the book to my friends. The foul language is unnecessary most of the time and even seems forced. In fact, in order to finish the book, I had to tell myself to just look beyond it and read the story. I really wanted to finish his story.
That being said, I give it four stars because it was engaging and truthful and kept my heart tied right in to his emotions. It could be just because I am overly emotional right now at my own loss, but I basically cried through the entire thing--sometimes out of empathy, sometimes out of sorrow, sometimes because I tried to imagine being in his position, and even sometimes out of hope.
I don't believe he's an author outside of this story of this life-changing event so I think he gets a pass on style, grammar, syntax, etc. I feel like critiquing his writing would be unfair in such a personal book. It's only been 3 years and who am I to say anything about what his story should sound like. Although if he does write again I probably won't read it just because his language is so crude. I think I will occasionally check on his blog to see how the two of them are doing. I wish that baby girl and her daddy the very best.
Very open and honest and real. It'll definitely stick with me for quite a while...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Kisses for Maddy.