Darlene's Reviews > The Black Witch

The Black Witch by Micheal Rivers

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: for-review, ebook, read-in-2012
Read from December 19, 2011 to January 06, 2012

I received this book for review from the author. I did not receive any compensation for my review, and the views expressed herein are my own.

When Dorian Coe sets his eyes on a sailing vessel known as The Black Witch, he is inexplicably drawn to her. Dorian and his wife, Diana, invite a group of friends to join them as passengers to celebrate The Black Witch’s first launch. What takes place aboard can only be described as a nightmare! I don’t want to ruin the element of surprise by giving away any further details.

This book is creepy, and I mean that in a good way! The storyline grabbed me from the beginning with strange coincidences. I do like flawed characters, and this book has a lot of them. I enjoyed the chaos on-board the sailboat, although the book lagged a bit in the middle for me.

Overall, I did enjoy the book. There are some editorial issues with the book in terms of typographical and grammatical errors, but the story held my interest. Fans of paranormal/ghost stories and sea-faring adventures would likely enjoy it!

MY RATING: 3 stars! I liked it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Witch.