Nancy's Reviews > Affirmations for Artists

Affirmations for Artists by Eric Maisel

1956252
A great little book of quotations and essays from artists of all genres organized alphabetically by subject. For example, under Mystery is this quote from Francis Bacon: "The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Affirmations for Artists.

message 1: by Roman (new)

Roman Stadtler I want to read this!

Nancy Hey Roman
I meant to respond the last time you commented, but didn't get around to it. It's almost midnight--I'm at condo in Seattle--Jim is asleep--just went to see pre-Broadway production of the musical "Aladdin" at the 5th Ave-- one of the best we've seen in a long time. What have you been reading lately?
N

message 3: by Roman (new)

Roman Stadtler Ah, I love that you two have your Seattle condo! I need something like that, I'm down there so much. I'm coming down tomorrow to pick up a friend on Capital Hill & go to Chateau Ste Michelle Winery to see Bruce Hornsby, and Bela Fleck & The Flecktones.

I've been so undisciplined about reading books! I miss it, not enough time in day. I've started Deogratias, A Tale of Rwanda (a graphic novel); Supergods by Grant Morrsion (nonfiction memoir & examination of Heroic themes in comics); Rains All the Time: A Connoisseur's History of Weather in the Pacific Northwest, by David Lasskin; and I started rereading Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Bradbury.

Nancy Love Bela Fleck--just had "The BlueGrass Sessions" on CD player on drive down yesterday--have a great time!