Kaity-Jane Culbertson's Reviews > Glastonbury Tor

Glastonbury Tor by LeAnne Hardy

Jul 28, 11

Read from July 22 to 27, 2011

One of my favorite ways to learn about events in the past is through fictional books with accurate historical details. That is exactly what I got when I read Glastonbury Tor. From author LeeAnne Hardy comes a tale that interweaves lessons of forgiveness with incredible historical occurrences. I loved following Colin through his journey of discovering who he was, what was right in the eyes of God, and just how far the arms of forgiveness can stretch. Tears threatened to spill and my heart ached at times for Colin as he trudged through his youth in search of his purpose in life.

The thing I liked most about the story was how much I got to learn about the monks. No offense to any monks reading my blog(:P) but they are weird! At least back then they were. They were strict! And some of their punishments were completely nuts. But even still, I enjoyed looking into the monastery life.

Out of all the characters, Wil was definitely my favorite. The little boy with a big heart. He was so loveable! I looked forward to every scene that included him or his family. His whole family was amazing, taking on many dangers by keeping and reading a Bible in their home. The light romance between Colin, while barely even there, was a sweet add.

As for the content, there is little to say. At the beginning, his father comes into the room and it is obvious he is going to bed with his (abused)wife and he says something to Colin about staying in the room so he can learn about what he was going to do to her since he was "near a man". He kisses her hard and also accuses a guy of having a relationship with his wife. But other than that, as far as sensuality goes that's it.
There is a bit of violence, such as a scene with a sword fight in it, but nothing was too graphic.
Also, there was a little bit of demonic forces in it, but it was obviously evil and there wasn't too much in it.

A word of warning: this is not an action-packed adventure, but if you are a fan of historical fiction, you will love this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glastonbury Tor.

07/22/2011 page 35