Sara's Reviews > Tempest Rising

Jul 22, 11

bookshelves: 4-5-stars
Read in October, 2009

Plot: 4.5 Stars
This is one of those urban fantasy novels that has every supernatural creature you can think of, and some you've never even heard of. Most of the time I don't like when there's an overabundance, but it worked in this novel because Jane, being half-selkie, is a lesser used supernatural. The plot kept me guessing throughout the entire story, and overall the novel had a slightly dirty humor to it that I loved.

Pace: 4.5 Stars
The backstory involving Jane's past was spread out very nicely over the course of the novel. I liked that you didn't get all of the information right at once in the beginning. Although I think Jane accepted the supernatural a little too quickly and easily, it still felt believable.

Characters: 4.5 Stars
I loved all of the characters. Jane's inner virtue/libido were very amusing to read as she wrestled over things. I just wished some smaller characters, like Grizzie and Trill, could've had larger parts because they were very interesting. I hope to see more of them in the next book.

Cover: 5 Stars
I love this cover! The artwork is amazing. I want to find the artist and see more of their work. And it was refreshing to see an urban fantasy cover without the typical cover model looking like they could kick your butt.

Overall: 4.5 Stars

Disclosure: I bought this book for my own enjoyment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest Rising.