Renee P's Reviews > Labyrinth

F 50x66
Jul 22, 11

bookshelves: summer-reading
Read in July, 2011

I thought this was a really crap book. I feel like she only set it in France because she is enamored with the language, which she uses way too often. To justify this, Mosse stuck in a lot of explanation for "Why France?" that didn't make all that much sense. All the surprises the author had in store were painfully obvious, and she used cliches to describe everything. All the women had beautiful legs (shapely, tan, thin, milky, whatever- they were gorgeous). Almost all of the characters were static, unless you count Sajhe,because supposedly he grew up, and I don't. Alice was irritating. She was so idiotic- I wanted to slap her. Alais couldn't think for herself. The Grail part wasn't even interesting- Mosse kept writing about the Truth- what Truth? The author also seems to have a thing for pain- there is a well-described, in detail torture scene in almost every chapter after the first half of the book. Having finished this book, I wonder, why? Also, where is that author, because she needs a good shaking.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Labyrinth.