Mark Nenadov's Reviews > Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest & Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics

Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt

Jul 22, 11

bookshelves: economics

This is a simple, but amazingly profound, mind blowing introduction to some basic economic principles. The principles outlined here are quite simple, and yet it seems so many people today can not grasp these basic truths.

Granted this book is a bit dated, but most of it is still useful and much of it seems as if it were written today.

I sincerely wish more politicians and voters today would read this book, it would go a long way toward restoring some knowledge of basic economics and some common sense to the decisions that get made on the political sphere.

There are many economics books that are so dense that I would take no delight in reading nor would I feel comfortable recommending to someone who is not already an economics wonk. However, with this title, I have no such reservations. I can wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone. I guarantee it will be enlightening in at least one or two areas!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Economics in One Lesson.