Teri's Reviews > Blood Wounds

Blood Wounds by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Jul 21, 11

Read in July, 2011

Susan Beth Pfeffer is a master story teller in such a unique way, she portrays immense levels of human emotions in her characters.
Blood Wounds will be released later in the year and in it is the story of Willa, a high school aged girl who tries so hard at living the perfect life, that when her past catches up to her it comes in the grisly package of her estranged father and the horrible crimes he has committed against his family.
Susan brings into her story such immense emotion on some normal actions and feelings in life that families go through together, especially split and new families and the trials they face.
There is the past family unresolved and the new family that is full is sacrifice and awash with resented anger.
Blood Wounds really delves into the blended family element and the need and strive we need to feel as to come out as this picture perfect happy element even though we don't feel that was and we cannot possibly all be equal in the eyes of all of our parents.
I felt that the most impactful part of the story that put me to tears was the line, "I couldn't ask for anything!"

The title for this book was perfect: Blood Wounds.
Is it the blood that binds us? The blood beside us? The blood we find comfort in? The wounds we hide, the wounds we hide from the world?
Susan. Beth Pfeffer creates an amazingly human cast of characters that will pier and tear up your heart and make you realize that we are not all as perfect as we want to be and to go beyond trying to make everything right, but love what you have and those around you. No matter what you have.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Wounds.