Isis FG's Reviews > Nothing To Fear

Nothing To Fear by Karen Rose

** spoiler alert ** Good book, though a bit on the dark and semi-gorey side. I don't think I liked it as much as the other two Karen Rose books that I've read, but I did enjoy reading it. Like "Have You Seen Her" one of the things I liked about this book was the character continuity. Dana was in "Don't Tell" as a secondary character, so it was nice to read her story. And I liked seeing what Caroline and Max (from Don't Tell) were up to. Plus Rose also brings back Evie. (I hope someday she gives Evie her book).

Anyway, the book had a good plot. I think it helps to have read "Don't Tell" first because you have a more clear picture of some of the nuances about what Dana does. But even so, the plot was stand alone. Like Rose's other books, she doesn't keep the antagonist a secret. You know from pretty much the first page who the bad guy is going to be. I'm not sure how much I like that. It takes away some of the suspense. Aside from that, I like how the plot was built-up and worked with. The story kept me into the book. And the romance was pretty good. I liked Dana and Ethan. They worked pretty well together.

One of the negatives of the book, in my opinion, was that I think Rose spent too much time on the antagonist. I just felt there were too many pages dedicated to the bad guy's POV. I didn't need that much to have the story work, and I really didn't need some of the gory details that came out in those POV sections. I sometimes ended up skimming through those parts. But it didn't kill that the book, it just made it about longer than it needed to be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nothing To Fear.