Jennifer Lee's Reviews > Pretties

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: beautiful, books-i-lurved, dystopian, favorites, kickass-protagonist
Read from January 18 to 19, 2012

Omg can you say Cliffy? Thank GOD I have the whole series sitting here. This series is just getting better and better and better.

Tally becomes a Prettie and moves to New Pretty Town"lives the dream". She undergoes the brain leisons, but they dont affect her quite as bad. Her memories are lacking, but she CAN remember things when shes being "bubbly". I really like how you got to see how the Pretties live, which actually is very cool. Aside from the controlling aspect, the world is so freaking cool. Wardrobes that give you whatver you want? I'm totes down for that. Although their lingo is a little irritating at first, you get used to it real fast.

Her past starts to catch up to her when the Smokies send her the cure. She meets Zane and they start dating, and she shares half the cure with him. I found their relationship to be really cute... And yes there is a freaking love triangle... And I dont know how I feel about that... I adore David, but I really like Zane too... =( (view spoiler) For a second there towards the endish I thought it was going to be a love square, and I was all "OH HELL NO. Not this again. I'm not going to have to draw another picture for this am I?!!!?" Thank god it didnt happen. (view spoiler)

Wow, Im going to start Specials right now, cause I literally can't wait to read it. I'm so glad I finally got around to reading these!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretties.

01/18/2012 page 53
14.0% "Uh oh, I smell a love triangle a-brewing."