Booklover1972's Reviews > My One and Only

My One and Only by Kristan Higgins

U_50x66
Jul 21, 11

Meet Harper, a very successful divorce attorney working and living quietly in the small community of Martha’s Vineyard (at least with the members of the community who haven’t faced her in court). Harper is not someone you would characterize as optimistic, or romantic. But she has a plan…or maybe schedule is a better word. She and her hot (but dumb) fireman boyfriend have been dating for the required time period, so it is time to get married and have a family. Harper’s plans are thrown completely off course beginning with her baby sister’s announcement that she is getting married (for the 3rd time) and guess what? You know the groom….he is your ex-husbands brother.
And the fun begins in earnest. OF COURSE Harper and Nick aren’t over each other. They are thrown together on an impromptu road trip when all flights out of the small Montana airport close down after their sibling’s wedding. As we travel towards the nearest functioning airport with the estranged couple, we travel back to the day they met see how their first love story together unfolds.
If you have ever read Kristan Higgins you know she does awkward situations, wacky family, unique pets and poignant moments better than most. I loved the flashbacks to Harper and Nick’s young married life and the slow revelations of where they went wrong. Especially as I watched them fall in love all over again. I think this is my favorite Higgins book to date, don’t pass it up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My One and Only.