Jamie's Reviews > The Hero of Ages

The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

Mar 04, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from January 28 to March 01, 2012

This book. What can I possibly say about THIS book? ALL THE EMOTIONS IN THE WORLD.

Before I start, I just want to say that I’d like to think of myself as a coherent, somewhat intelligent individual; but this review will probably prove otherwise.

Never before have I read a series so emotionally effective, captivating, and jaw-droppingly epic such as this. This third and final book alone is a masterpiece in itself. As soon as I read the last remaining words and numbly closed the book, my heart ached. My chest hurt. My mind was in a complete state of shock. Not even my emotions I could properly place.

*Full review: http://missbookaholic.com/2012/03/02/...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hero of Ages.

Quotes Jamie Liked

Brandon Sanderson
“Elend smiled. "Oh, come on. You have to admit that you're unusual, Vin. You're like some strange mixture of a noblewoman, a street urchin, and a cat. Plus, you've mangaged - in our short three years together - to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Elend: "Each moment you fight is a gift to those in this cavern. Each second we fight is a second longer that thousands of people can draw breath. Each stroke of the sword, each koloss felled, each breath earned is another victory! It is a person protected for a moment longer, a life extended, an enemy frusturated!"
There was a brief pause.
"In the end they shall kill us. But first they shall fear us!”

Brandon Sanderson
“It's a mystery," Vin said, narrowing her eyes and smiling. "We Mistborn are incredibly mysterious."
Elend paused." Um...I'm Mistborn too, Vin. That doesn't make any sense."
"We Mistborn need not make sense," Vin said." It's beneath us. Come on-the sun's already down. We need to get moving.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Faith means that it doesn't matter what happens. You can trust that somebody is watching. Trust that somebody will make it all right.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Elend started. "Vin!" Then, he smiled. "What took you so long?"
"I got delayed by an Inquistor and a dark god," she said. "Now hustle.”

Brandon Sanderson
“For now, I only wish to make a simple acknowledgement of the woman who held the power just before me.
Of all of us who touched it, I feel she was the most worthy.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Spook: No, I'm not troubled. In fact, I actually think everything is going to be all right. Finally.”

Brandon Sanderson
“You've managed-- in our short three years together-- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiance. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship, wouldn't you say?”

02/04/2012 page 68
9.0% "Nothing too big is happening yet, but Brandon Sanderson lovesss to do that haha..."
02/16/2012 page 106
14.0% "The scenes between Vin and Sazed are always the sweetest <3" 1 comment
02/24/2012 page 143
19.0% "I don't know, it's getting really difficult to get through right now... I need some action happening. I need SOMETHING to happen..." 10 comments
02/25/2012 page 158
21.0% "NOOO"
02/25/2012 page 175
23.0% "OH MY GOSH WHAT ... IS HE BACK WHAT"
02/25/2012 page 239
32.0% ""You have to admit that you're unusual, Vin. You're like some strange mixture of a noblewoman, a street urchin, and a cat." < best quote ever hands down"
02/25/2012 page 292
39.0% "that dance scene LOL"
02/27/2012 page 324
43.0% 9 comments
02/28/2012 page 370
49.0% "everything's starting to connect....... oh wow, mr sanderson. you genius, you.."
02/28/2012 page 401
54.0% "WHAT THE OHMYGAWD REEN WHAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE"
03/01/2012 page 586
78.0% "SO MANY THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT ONCE. I CANT..."
03/01/2012 page 618
83.0% "ohmygawd the mists................ this book is just pure genius"
03/01/2012 page 643
86.0% "bamf bamf bamf bamf bamf"
03/01/2012 page 713
95.0% ":'( this is too much" 1 comment
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by R (new) - rated it 5 stars

R waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...WAITING...THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!

Jamie ME TOO! hahahahha *tear* soon. maybe hehe :)

Jamie I need a summary of what happened in the previous two books..... LOL

message 4: by R (new) - rated it 5 stars

R Vin and Elend love each other. Elend is awesome. Vin is awesome. SUMMARY COMPLETE :P