Romancing the Book's Reviews > Demon's Hunger

Jul 21, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, urban-fantasy
Read in September, 2008

Reviewed by Jen

This series is about a brotherhood called the Compact of Sorcerers who are sworn to protect humans from the demon realm. These men are immortal and have extraordinary and specialized powers to help them in their battle. And they are tortured souls, for how can we have a romance without external and internal conflict?

In Demon's Hunger we have Dain Hawkin's story. Dain's fight with the demons is quite personal since they killed his mortal wife and child centuries before. So, when he meets Vivien Cairn he doesn't want to be so completely drawn to her. And Vivien feels the same way since she's not had the best of luck with any sort of relationship since everyone seems to abandon her.

Let me start of by saying that I'm loving this series. I like this paranormal world that Eve Silver has created. It almost seems possible that there are demons and hybrids (half demon/half human, for lack of a better explanation) living among us. Her heroines are strong women and face their challenges and shortcomings head on with little complaint, which is quite refreshing. Demon's Hunger kept me enraptured and turning the pages. I didn't want to put the book down because I wanted to know what happened next without any delay. I highly recommend this series, and reading them in order (although the books do stand completely on their own).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon's Hunger.

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee Ann Eve Silver's historicals are also great and she wrote a couple of futuristic books under the name Eve Kenin...she never disappoints!