Anastasia's Reviews > Bad Boys Do

Bad Boys Do by Victoria Dahl

Oct 07, 2011

bookshelves: netgalley, 2011, ebook, romance
Read from September 23 to October 03, 2011

Olivia Bishop is one cat away from becoming an old maid. She's never strayed from her hum-drum routine, much less taken part in anything... fun. So when she meets Jamie Donovan, the drop-dead gorgeous bartender at Donovan Brothers Brewery, and actually -- gasp! -- flirts with him, she knows she must be losing her marbles. Why else would she decide to take him up on his offer to experience the naughty exciting things in life? She may be a professor, but she could stand to learn a few things from the charming -- not to mention younger -- man.

Their first time together is one for the books and Olivia floats into class the next day still on Cloud Nine. Imagine her surprise when she realizes that Jamie is one of her students! Despite their teacher-student relationship, the couple realizes they have more in common than originally thought, plus can kindle one hell of a spark in between the sheets. But can Olivia get past her own insecurities long enough to enjoy it?

My fingers couldn't press "Next Page" quick enough (I read this on my Kindle) as I devoured Bad Boys Do. Olivia's spinster-turned-sex kitten behavior was interesting to watch unfold, but to be honest, it was Jamie who actually shined as a main character in my eyes. He's more than just a pretty face -- he had goals and was driven to actually achieve them. As far supporting roles, I have to say that Jamie's brother, Eric, was as frustrating as a hang nail/splinter/itch-you-can't-reach combined! Much satisfaction was had when Jamie finally stood up for himself, not just against Eric, but against all the obstacles that tried to get in his way.

We all know how stories like this end (HEA, of course), but the road taken to get there was compelling enough to keep me traveling along, anxious to see where it goes. Plus, all the mentions of beer inspired me to explore a few brew types of my own, which made for comical evenings of warm tummy, slightly-tipsy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Boys Do.

09/24/2011
27.0% "Jamie. Hot tub. Enough said."