Theresa's Reviews > First Grave on the Right

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

Jul 21, 2011

bookshelves: library-audiobooks, favorites, fantasy
Read from July 22 to 25, 2011

I give this a 4.5 star rating. (I really wish GR had 1/2 star rating). Anyway, I loved this book. It's new, it's different and funny. I highly recommend it. The characters are hilarious, if not a little corny. The plot is interesting and somewhat of a mystery. There isn't much romance, but what little there is is hot and mysterious. There were a few scenes that spooked me a little, but not enough to stop me from continuing on. It's not your typical PR/UF series and it's not just a simple, girl solves crimes with help of ghosts. There is more to the story than the summary implies. It's definitely one of those series that makes me anxious for the next book release. I wish I waited to start this, because now I have to wait until August 16th for book 2 and sometime next year for book 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Grave on the Right.

07/24/2011 "On chapter 14. So far, I am loving this new author!"

message 1: by Jocelin (new) - added it

Jocelin I just purchased this book @ one of the final Borders Bookstore closings. I am looking forward to reading it.

Theresa Let me know what you think! I haven't started book 2 yet, because I kinda want to read straight through to book 3, which doesn't release til Jan.

message 3: by Jocelin (new) - added it