Manda's Reviews > Count to Ten

Count to Ten by Karen Rose

Jul 21, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in July, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I did not want to like this book. I am trying to cull my bookshelves, the idea being that I start reading a book, and if it is not grabbing me, it goes in the Hospice collection crate, and if it grabs me I keep it. Only I could not put this monster of a book down. It rolls along at a furious pace, and is a fun ride, so despite reading the last few pages to try and kill my desire to read more of the book, I had to finish it.

Okay, downsides. The book isn't realistic. It's semi-realistic, people yawn, are hungry, have regrets, say and do realistic things. But a cop just back from sick leave after being shot is paired with a fire department investigator when a fire looks possibly suspicious, and then the two of them are left to get on with it when the case turns into a vicious serial killer topping almost one person a day. And two people running round like crazy trying to stop said vicious serial killer have time to be loving to their family, have an explosive affair, adopt children and pets, solve the shooting where the police woman got shot etc.

Still, with a book as fun and fast as this one, you gotta forgive.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Count to Ten.