Jpmist's Reviews > Clapton

Clapton by Eric Clapton

Jul 21, 11

Read from July 16 to 20, 2011

Curious that biographies aren't held to the same standards of writing as novels, because this is bad. I was disappointed at how little mention of what Clapton is actually famous for, his guitar playing. I've been a fan of his for decades and found myself skimming thru the got wasted blah blah, played with blah blah, did this tour blah blah, slept with blah blah.

I suppose it's disappointing to find that Clapton is just an average guy who couldn't handle his success, his life, his relationships and whose main talent was parlaying his talent at guitar into a lucrative career. Reminded me of when I read about Hendrix, just a talent at guitar and little else. . .

The one thing that struck me was when he declared his 60th birthday and he was nearly deaf and not looking after his health, but finally happy with his life. I'm the same age and of course felt a pang of jealousy with how much he'd experienced in his life compared to mine. At least I won't be leaving 4 girls without a father before they turn 30, the stupid selfish twit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clapton.