Inder's Reviews > How to Cook Everything Vegetarian

How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman

Apr 02, 08

bookshelves: domesticarts, cooking
Read in April, 2008

This a great basic cookbook!

My only issue is whether I need this giant tome in ADDITION to Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. There's a lot of overlap, and the answer is probably no. I prefer Deborah Madison's format and style slightly, but the books are similar in many ways. The clincher: I already own Deborah Madison's book.

Still, I could totally see living out of this book, much as I already do with Deborah Madison. This is a great resource for old and new vegetarians alike, or for meat eaters who eat vegetarian sometimes (which is to say, everyone). If you like this better than Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, I won't blame you.

I have limited cookbook real estate - my cookbook corner is already precariously piled high. So even though this is a more useful tome than Patricia Well's Vegetable Harvest, I might buy the latter instead of this one, because it's less basic and more fancy, and thus fits in a slightly different niche.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Cook Everything Vegetarian.