Bookworm12's Reviews > The Girl Who Could Fly

The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester

Jul 21, 11

This book is a very heartwarming, quirky tale. You'll laugh , gasp, and, I'll admit, sometimes cry.
I am constantly re-reading this and recommending it.

Piper McClould can fly. She can see the good in almost everything, and is always talking and asking questions. Her mother Bettty is a nononsense person, and very religious too. Joe is the very quiet, hard working father.

Ever since she was little she could float. Her Ma and Pa panicked, and didn't let her leave the farm for anything but doctor's appointments and church.

One day, piper decides to jump off the roof. I know, it sounds stupid. But she flies.
Her Ma forbids her from flying but she does it anyways. In secret, of course.
Then, her parents take her to a 4th of July picnic.
Where everything goes wrong.

After the picnic, Paparazzi storms the farm. Then, Dr.Hellion arrives. She is the most beautiful person Piper as ever met, and, also the Leader of an institute for special creatures and humans, called I.N.S.A.N.E. The paprazzi is cleared, and Piper heads off to I.N.S.A.N.E. There, She meets kids who have X-ray vision, telekineic powers, and the ability to create and change weather.
She also meets a child smarter than Einstein. Conrad Harrington III.
He bullies her daily and she can barely stand it. But then shes sees something. Level Four. Now that she knows what they're doing, Conrad explains the true nature of the facility.
What she thought was a safe haven, could be Piper's worst nightmare.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Could Fly.