Jory's Reviews > One Night Stand

One Night Stand by Cindy Kirk

2032104
Jul 28, 11

Read from July 21 to 28, 2011

I AM SO EXCITED THAT I AM DONE WITH THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!! Ugh, it was so generic and boring, and not even the trashy romance that I was hoping for.

Marcee is the maid of honor at her best friends wedding when she meets Sam. He's tall, dark, handsome, and a cop (of course), and the connection between the two of them is instant. She invites him up to her hotel room (obvious) and of course, they engage in the all-important one night stand. He leaves in the morning without telling her goodbye, and she's crushed, yadda yadda yadda you know, the usual.

Months go by and Marcee is moving to her hometown to take care of her little brother while he's got one more year of high school. And BOOM what a surprise, the hunky cop she slept with still can't stop thinking about just so happens to be her neighbor. Ugh. It is so generic it hurts. So they see each other again and of course, the connection is still there. They both get jealous of people interested in the other and yadda yadda yadda until surprise, surprise, they start sleeping together again.

But wait, PLOT TWIST! Marcee's brother Cam and Sam's daughter Fern are falling in love with each other. It's like a bad soap opera! So Sam forbids his daughter to see Cam and Cam finds out that Marcee and Fern's dad are boning, and Cam's all like 'YOU WOULD TAKE HIS SIDE, YOU'RE SLEEPING WITH HIM!' and Marcee decides that sleeping together isn't enough. She wants to be seen out in public, for people to know that they are together. Because yes, here it comes ladies and germs, she's falling in love with him. And wouldn't you know it? He's falling in love with her too. But he wants to keep her all to himself, you see. Because small towns run the gossip mill and he's the sheriff of said small town and he doesn't want to be in the middle of the gossip.

So one night Marcee asks him if he wants to go out to eat and he's all 'No, we can eat off each other's bodies, enter kinky yet sad one liner here' and Marcee gets pissed. Kicks him out and tells him that all she is to him is a booty call. But of course, it isn't like that. So a couple days goes by and they haven't talked to each other and then one day after CHURCH for crying out loud, Sam handcuffs himself to Marcee and this busy restaurant and is all like 'I love you, will you marry me?' and of course, being cheesy she accepts and that's the end of the book.

God it's so generic I could vomit. I'm just so glad it is over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night Stand.

07/21/2011 page 35
07/22/2011 page 99
28.0% "This book is trashy romance personified."
07/25/2011 page 189
54.0% "This is so awful. Like, legitimately awful."
07/27/2011 page 253
72.0% "I am so excited I'm almost done with this I cannot contain my excitement."
show 1 hidden update…