Pamela 's Reviews > Overbite

Jul 21, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: reviewed

What happened?!

I cannot believe how disappointing this book turned out to be; especially after loving the first novel "Insatiable" and having to wait a year for this one thinking it would be just as good as the first. Boy was I wrong. I've read other books and series by Cabot which have always been worthy. Did she have someone else write this on her behalf? Was she rushed?

This book lacked everything that made the first book so great; the humour, the excitement, and most notably, the heat and chemistry that Meena and Lucien displayed in the first novel. In fact, Lucien lost all his charm and sexiness in this one. Half-way thru the novel I realized what direction Cabot was taking with Lucien which really surprised me. Meena herself was a complete bore. And what's with all that crying? And the plot? It started off okay but took a nose-dive a third way in. Once I got to the end all I could think of was, "Give me a break!" and "I'm so glad I'm done." It's really too bad that Cabot didn't take the opportunity to develop Meena's character more, and considering how present Aleric is throughout, more character development would have made an improvement with the story-line - at least make the ending more plausible.

I don't think Cabot knew what to do with this book. "Insatiable" is 464 pages; "Overbite" is 288 pages. I think that says a lot. She should have just ended it with the first one. With the way the book ended, I don't expect a third novel to follow.

If you enjoyed "Insatiable" like I did, read this one. You might as well finish off the series. Just because I didn't enjoy it doesn't mean you won't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overbite.

10/22/2016 marked as: read

anieva So glad others agree. I sound like a broken record, but I fell in love with Insatiable and now...this happens?? Totally agree with your comment about Alaric and the ending.

Pamela Phew! I thought you were going to argue with me that you loved it, which would be fine too. I love discussing books with people especially if people have different views about them. :)

Anino I believe that she was rushed to produce this book. I felt the same way about having to wait a whole year to read this book. I was not satisfied at all.

Winnie Wang I am so so so disappointed with the 2nd book, now I wish I didn't buy Insatiable at the first place which caused me to buy overbite. I wish I didn't read anything about Lucien at all ... *sigh*

message 5: by Yhe (new) - added it

Yhe Is this the last book of Insatiable? I havent read it. Because i heard that Insatiable2 is very disappointing.

Pamela I thought it would be the last one, but it seems a third one will be out in the future. I wonder if I'll read it????

message 7: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia LOL I agree... what else is there to say, so many good books by Cabot. not sure what wen't so wrong!

J. d'Artagnan I agree. It felt like Cabot had to rush to meet a deadline or something.

Cherry The ending is so disappointing :(