Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books's Reviews > A Beautiful Dark

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

A Beautiful Dark was a totally awesome surprise. It started out with your normal love triangle—good boy, bad boy—but by the time I got to the end, there was nothing normal about this paranormal love triangle or storyline. Jocelyn Davies definitely changed the normal in paranormal love triangles. I kept saying WHAT? WHAT? That couldn't have just happened, but oh yes, Davies did do it. She gives a whole new meaning to the phase "Love you to death" And I was just stunned. Trying to figure out what Davies is going to do in the next book in this series. I honestly don't know. A Beautiful Dark also ends on the most nail-biting cliffhanger. You better believe I'm waiting for this next book.

Skye has just turn seventeenth and weird stuff is starting to happen to her. What’s even weirder is the two new guys that come to her school and into her life. Devin has blue eyes, blond hair, and is mysterious. Asher is dark eyes, black hair, and darkly intriguing. Skye is in the middle of them both, and can't figure out her feelings for Asher or Devin, or what they really want from her. I really did like Skye. She’s strong and true to herself in the way she handled Asher and Devin, and with the choice she made at the end of this first book. Oh, and there is another guy, Ian. He’s been Skye’s long-time friend, and he’s had feelings for Skye for a long time. Ian keeps hoping she’ll return them, but he's still a true friend to Skye. I’ll have to wait and see how this turns out. But I got to tell you, I really do like Ian, and I kinda hope he gets his chance.

I highly recommend A Beautiful Dark as a must read. The ending will totally have you saying WOW! What just happened? I didn't see that coming at all!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Dark.