Laurie's Reviews > Embraced by Blood

Embraced by Blood by Laurie London

Jul 20, 2011

bookshelves: adventure, contemporary, fiction, kindle, net-galley, read-in-2011, paranormal, romance, vampires
Read in July, 2011 — I own a copy

This is the second book in Laurie London’s Sweetblood series, and I have not yet read the first novel. However, this book easily stands on its own with just enough back story to pique my interest and whet my appetite for the first book so that I can find out the whole story of Alfonso’s older brother and enticing details of the events which caused the rift between them.

I genuinely liked Alfonso and found myself immensely sympathetic to his character. His protective instincts, especially where Lily and little Zoe are concerned, were occasionally somewhat caveman-ish, but still, caused my heart to do little flips, because he always considered their safety above his own needs and desires.

Lily and he are positively a perfect, romantic match. Each of them is made better by the love of the other…and isn’t that the way true love matches should be?

I loved the world-building that the author has crafted. I fell into her alternate reality and remained there; experiencing the same heart-ache, doubts, desires, travails and triumphs of the various, assorted characters as their stories were played out through the pages of the novel. This book was exciting and fun to read. I am looking forward to the next book, as well, which will feature Jackson, a rather jaded, lonely soul, who loves frosted brownies, and whom we caught fleeting glimpses of in this book. Laurie London’s vampires are strong and sexy, with cool powers. They inhabit a covertly dangerous world with unsuspecting humans where some blood types are particularly sweet. Are you an unsuspecting sweetblood?

Thank you, Harlequin and Netgalley for providing this book to me in return for my honest review.

Reviewed by Laurie-J
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embraced by Blood.