Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Torrent

Torrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Torrent is fabulous! What a way to wrap up an absolutely fantastic series. I love what Lisa does with this story line and her characters. There's a lot of great action scenes, the romance is so well done and taken to the next level in the best possible way, and the twists are fabulous. To complicate matters, both Gabi and Marcello have doubts. I mean, it's kinda of hard not to when Lord Greco has a part in this, and what a fabulously twisted character he is! Lisa kept me guessing right up to the very end with him and his motives.

The love story between Marcello and Gabi is captivating, beautifully written. Marcello is such a well written Knight in shining armor, literally, and he's definitely set a new standard on my list of fictional characters. I love the way he adores, admires, loves and respects Gabi. He'd do anything for her, and is more than capable of taking down an army to protect her, and yet he allows Gabi to be herself. She's definitely a fierce, butt kicking heroine who is more than capable of defending herself, and those she loves. Gabi has quickly become one of my favorite heroines. She's tough, she's loyal, she'll do anything for those she loves, and in the end she makes the ultimate sacrifice for love. One of the things I admire about her, is she's not out to prove a point. She can easily hold her own in war, but she allows Marcello to help her when she needs it. The other thing I like about Gabi is she thinks things through. She's intelligent and practical. I found Gabi's insecurities she has through out the story relatable and realistic. I can't elaborate without giving away some major spoilers.

This series is simply perfect. I absolutely love Lisa's writing, and I've found myself easily whisked away with each book in the series. The historical aspect of her stories are engaging and so richly detailed, that it feels like I've gone back to the early 14th century with Gabi and her family. The romance, the action and the humor are all fantastic! Aside from Gabi and Marcello, I love Gabi's sister Lia and Marcello's cousin Luca. They have this chemistry that pops right off the pages and of course who wouldn't be charmed by Luca's good looks, and witty one liners. Lia herself is just as fierce as her sister Gabi. I loved the bond the two sisters have. I also liked the role Gabi's family plays in this storyline. There are many things I've come to love about this series. It's layered with well written historical elements, a strong family theme, the theme of faith (which isn't over powering at all, but it blends in perfectly with the time period), and love.

I highly recommend picking up this clean cut, must have series. Waterfall, Cascade and Torrent will sweep you back into time, make you fall in love with their characters, and leave you wanting so much more of this beautifully written series.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torrent.