rebelrebs's Reviews > Hunting Kat

Hunting Kat by P.J. Schnyder

Jul 26, 11

Read from July 20 to 26, 2011

I would think that some would says that the story line of this book is the romance, and yes that definitely has a big role to play in this, but I loved the parts surrounding it. What drew me in was how rounded, Kat, the main character was. Especially since this was such a short read. She was strong, but she had her flaws and I could see her grow as a character. Although this is classified as romance, there was quite a bit of action and the story never dragged.

Because this was a short read, we don't get a lot of world building, but I felt it wasn't needed. I could easily picture their space ships and space stations. It gave me a Firefly/Battlestar Gallactica feel, which of course are two awesome shows that take place in space so I found the world of Hunting Kat to be right on par.

I've never read a Sci-Fi Romance before, generally I'm pretty picky about what type of romances I read because I tend to get bored with the sex scenes in them. Not that I'm against there being sex in books, it's a very personal prefernce for me, but I feel that in most cases that the sex goes on too long and into too much detail. Now this book does have sex in it, and I thought it did go on a little long, and I did think that having the two main characters jump into bed with each other shortly after meeting was a little silly, but all of that aside I really did enjoy the story line of the book.

Overall I'm really glad I was able to read this, it's not something I would normally pick up, but I definitely think it has cross over potential for those who like Paranormal/Fantasy Romance. I will be looking forward to more from PJ Schnyder.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting Kat.

07/20/2011 page 30
33.33% "30% through ebook"
show 2 hidden updates…