Jill's Reviews > Lucky Girl

Lucky Girl by Cate Lord

3820197
Jul 22, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance

Jessica Devlin, twenty-nine year-old beauty magazine editor is looking forward to her first vacation in two years. Four months ago she'd caught out her two-timing fiance and is now headed to England for her cousin's wedding. Two years ago she'd been in England and met kind and gorgeous Nick Mondinello. But what are the chances she'd ever run in to him again?

This is part contemporary romance, part chic-lit. Although I did enjoy the self-deprecating humour of Jess, her constant worrying over her excess ten pounds became a little tiresome. I am not a fan of chic-lit but Lucky Girl is cute, bright, breezy with plenty of humour. For those who love Bridget Jones type books (slightly overweight, big undies-wearing girl who lusts after the hot guy) this will be a winner.

ARC courtesy of Entangled Publishing via NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucky Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki You're a MACHINE, Jill!

Jill Ha! I've been told that, yes Nikki! Although my excuse is I'm not a big sleeper. I usually get to read at least 2-3 hours more per day then the average person, cos I sleep that much less per night.

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki I also don't sleep very much but it's because I'm an addict who can't put the book down. :)

Jill There's that too!
Btw did you sign up for NetGalley?

message 5: by Nikki (new)

Nikki I did, my friend, and have made my requests but I don't think my public profile is good enough as I haven't received any approvals yet. Sigh.

Jill Not to worry Nikki, it can take a week. Or more. Some may only take a matter of hours. I've had a request in for nearly two weeks and haven't heard back yet! They'll let you know if a request for an ARC has been declined. But I'm sure you'll get approvals.

message 7: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Thanks for the pep talk, Jill! I guess we'll see how I go. :)