Melly's Reviews > Becoming

Becoming by Raine Thomas

Jul 25, 11

bookshelves: favorites, cover-love, makes-my-heart-swell, nook, books-i-own, signed, paranormal, young-adult
Recommended for: Anyone with a pulse :)
Read from July 24 to 25, 2011

I was lucky to have the chance to read the first 3 chapters of Becoming before it was released (Thanks Raine!) and I was instantly hooked. I had to know what happened. I have been anxiously awaiting the release.

The world of the Estilorians is a world unlike any other. I have never read anything like this. From the very beginning (prologue, ahem) my heart was pounding. Amber is a young woman that is easy to relate to and root for. I immediately liked her and felt her feelings of loss, excitement, fear, doubt, joy and more. The life she has lived has been one of extreme loss and hardship. Her sarcastic humor and snarky attitude are tools she uses to protect herself. Her journey in Becoming is nothing short of remarkable. Gabriel is the type of guy that we all should be so lucky to have in our lives. His attention and love for Amber is endearing and sweet. I cannot imagine one without the other.

Raine Thomas has the incredible ability to paint this new world into our minds with the written word. I could see and feel it all. It is simply beautiful. As I type this I am longing to read Central, so I will close. I am so grateful that I have been able to “meet” Raine and be introduced to the Estilorians. I absolutely loved every word. Read Becoming for yourself and be prepared to enter a fantasy you’ve never even dreamed of.

Side note: I really want my own Gloresti *swoon*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming.

07/25/2011
70.0% "I. Am. Loving. This. Book! I really want to finish it right now, but I have to wake up in 4 hrs. Ugh stupid work lol"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raine (new)

Raine Thomas Don't know if it's appropriate for the author to comment on her own book(s), but thanks for adding the trilogy to your To-Read list!

Melly Lol oh it's totally appropriate for cool authors! I'm on pins & needles waiting for it to be released.

message 3: by Raine (new)

Raine Thomas Thanks, gal! You're the best. :) *fingers crossed* They should be out next week!!

Melly Woohoo! That's awesome!

message 5: by ~Melissa~ (new) - added it

~Melissa~ added to my TBR list after reading your review. Not sure when I'll get to it, lol but def looks interesting!!

Melly Melissa wrote: "added to my TBR list after reading your review. Not sure when I'll get to it, lol but def looks interesting!!"

Yay! Trust me, YOU WILL LOVE IT! Seriously, you have to read it next. You won't be able to put it down.